The Igreja de S?o Martinho (Church of St Martin in English) is the main church in the Freguesia (Parish in English) of S?o Martinho (Funchal), Madeira. Dedicated to St. Martin of Tours.
The old church at the bottom of the hill had become to small for the area and so construction started on July 8, 1883 on the current church of the same name, with the first stone being laid. Lack of founds halted construction until August 2, 1907, when the local parishioner Jos? de Abreu died leaving almost all of his fortune, which for the time was large, to the continuation of the works of the same church.